European regional data
We maintain the European Regional Database. This is a wide-ranging, sub-national, pan-EU database of economic indicators. It provides a complete and consistent, historical time series of data for the period 1980-2015. With regional (NUTS 2 and 3) and sectoral disaggregation, it offers a unique database relevant to academic, policy and trend analysis.
This database is particularly useful for analysing historical regional trends across Europe, through econometric regression modelling or regional analysis. Researchers have used this data in analysis published in high-impact academic journals such as Research Policy, Applied Economics and Regional Studies. The database is available for both commercial and academic purposes.
Our current European Regional Database includes the following sectoral disaggregation;
- GVA (by 6 sectors)
- Employment (by 6 sectors)
- Hours Worked (by 6 sectors)
- Compensation of employees (by 6 sectors)
- Gross fixed capital formation (by 6 sectors)
- Active population
It is consistent with NACE Rev. 2 sectoral definitions, namely;
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Industry (excluding Construction)
- Wholesale, Retail, Transport, Accommodation & Food Services, Information and Communication
- Financial & Business Services
- Non-market Services
To view the technical note, please see here:
To discuss how you might use this database, or arrange purchase, please contact Ben Gardiner.