Leicester and Leicestershire Local Enterprise Partnership: Sector profiles
In January 2021, Leicester and Leicestershire Local Enterprise Partnership commissioned Cambridge Econometrics to provide 15 sector profiles and produce a technical summary.
These key sectors of interest to the local economy were analysed in order to better understand the impact of both Covid-19 and EU Exit and to provide insights into the future outlook. Each profile included details on the global context, national and local sector presence and trends, impacts and implications of Covid-19 and Brexit, and future employment and GVA forecasts.
The Sector Profiles can be viewed on the Leicester and Leicestershire Local Enterprise Partnership website.
- Sectors were selected on the basis of their importance to the local economy, and included declining sectors that employ large numbers of workers, as well as sectors with significant future growth potential
- Sectors profiled included:
- Green energy solar panels
- Low Carbon
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
- Aerospace and Satellite Technology
- Agri Food and Drink
- Construction and Development
- Creative and Cultural
- Digital Technology and Communications
- Health and Social Care
- Life Sciences and Biotech
- Logistics and Distribution
- Professional and Financial Services
- Retail and Wholesale
- Sport and Physical Activity
- Textiles and Fashion
- Tourism and Hospitality