Chelmer models the interaction between population and housing in an area over time to produce detailed forecasts for specific local areas. It was originally developed by the Population and Housing Research Group at Anglia Ruskin University, led by Professor Dave King, and we have continued to develop it.
- Projections of population, housing numbers, household composition and labour supply.
- Allows for the running of ‘what-if’ scenarios.
- Operates at different spatial levels: county, unitary authority, district.
- Projections can be migration-led, housing-led, population-led or employment led.
- User-friendly software application for in-house analysis.
- Provides a systematic and transparent method, allowing results to be easily traced back to assumptions.
For more information, please contact Shyamoli Patel.